NWVCL Update 7/29/20
It is with great sadness that I am announcing the cancellation of fall semester (2020) portion of the 2020-2021 NWVCL season.
Last two weeks, some of our member schools were notified by their school that they will not be able to travel or compete this fall due to the Corona Pandemic. The total number is at about 20 schools as of today and Iím sure there will be more to follow.
I spent last 5 days researching the latest state restrictions on travel, protocols, guidelines, etc. from all ten states that our member schools are located. It was very clear to me that travel will continue to be very restricted in every state this fall. It appears that many schools are coming up with guidelines that are even more strict for all club sports teams.. at least for this fall.
So letís talk about where we go from here:
- Please make sure if you stay in touch with your school administration in having all the paperwork in place. It is critical that you stay on this so your team will stay in good standing with your Club Sports Office. Work with them. Follow their guidelines and be sure to update your contact list with them so you get notified of any changes in timely manner.
- Find out what your school guidelines will be. If you are lucky, you may at least be able to hold meetings and practices.
- As of now, plan on starting our Winter/Spring Season on January 30th (Sat). Each team will be required to play at least two tournaments to be in good standings with the league.*
* - not including the league championship.
- League Membership Dues: League dues will be $200 per team (usually $350). The deadline to pay will be February 6th (Sat), 2021".
I want to continue operating NWVCL to serve our 75 plus (and growing) members. Being able to provide you with opportunities to continue playing this great game is an awesome thing that I cherish. I look forward to working with all of you again real soon. Please stay in touch. I will send out updates periodically.
Stay healthy and safe. Letís hope this madness will be under control soon so we can get back to playing the sport we all love.
Niagara team getting some court time (even if it's outside) together.